Senior Backend Developer
Gopackup is a fast-paced and innovative early stage start up. Our mission is to make travel booking and sharing a convenient and memorable experience. Far more than just implementing, you will be part of the team that is designing, innovating and influencing future travel booking and sharing experience!
- 3-5 years of PHP 5 development experience in a fast-paced environment with short project deadlines.
- Strong object oriented programming skills.
- Proficiency and experience building LAMP based server-side REST/SOAP APIs.
- Experience with PHP debugging and testing.
- Experience with relational databases (preferably MySQL), SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience with Git, SVN and/or some other version control systems.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies (XP, Scrum, etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Experience with leading PHP frameworks like Symfony, Zend Framework, etc.
- Experience with behavior-driven development.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting.
- Experience with Phing, Composer, and/or PSR.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All positions are located in Santa Clara, CA.